1. Using fabric scissors cut 2-3/4 inch squares of your fabric. You’ll need two per hand warmer.
2. Place two squares of fabric wrong sides together and stitch a 1/4 inch seam around the outside, leaving a 1-1/2 inch opening and backstitching in the beginning and end. (if you don’t have pinking shears, place fabric write sided together, sew as instructed and then turn right side out.)
3. Fill 3/4 of the way up with rice.
4. Using a long pin, block the rice from falling out of the opening and sew closed.
5. Using pinking shears, trim the edges as it will keep them from fraying.