* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
DIY Dip Dye Shoes !!! MUST SEE !!!!
All you need are some white sneakers, fabric dye (in your choice of colour), Vaseline, baking powder and an old toothbrush.
1. Start by preparing your sneakers, removing any laces and removable inserts. To protect the rubber sole from discolouring, coat the sides with a thin layer of Vaseline or petroleum jelly. You don't need too much, just enough to create a barrier between the dye and the rubber.
2. Mix your dye as per the packet instructions, with hot water and salt as required. Thoroughly wet your sneakers before starting, this will help the dye to take evenly.
3. Take your sneakers and quickly dip the toes in and out of the dye bath about 1/3 of the way. Check out the depth of the colour
4. Repeat the previous step staggering the level of your dip along the shoes so that the lightest shade starts at the tongue and the darkest shade is at the tip of the toes.
5. Take a damp cloth and gently rub the colour, blurring any harsh lines to create a smooth transition from light to dark. Di
6. When you are happy with the colour, allow to sit for five minutes and then rinse the shoes under running water until the water runs clear. Hang to dry overnight.
7. Once your shoes have dried, you can remove the Vaseline from the soles. Take a few teaspoons of baking powder and pour onto the Vaseline. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes and then, using an old dry toothbrush or bristled brush, scrub away at the baking powder. It should start to clump and com
8. Return the laces to your shoes, pop them on and keep those winter blues at bay!