* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
DIY Coconut Oil Toothpaste
Here are some great reasons to use coconut oil in toothpaste:
• Cleans and prevents plaque.
• Whitens coffee and wine stained teeth.
• It is antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial.
• Does not have chemicals.
• Does not have dyes.
• Inexpensive to prepare.
• Coconut oil is also effective for oil pulling.
1. The Bare Bones Recipe
If you wish to stick to the minimum amount of elements, mix equal parts of softened coconut oil and baking soda. Whip it with a whisk and store in a glass jar with a lid or in an empty squeeze tube. For the jar method, use a spoon or spatula to add to a toothbrush and brush as you normally would.
This will not have the kind of flavor you are used to in a toothpaste. That is why the recipes here add essential oils for flavor. It is a healthful, restorative way to care for your teeth, and you might as well make it pleasant!
Do not store it in the refrigerator, it will become too solid. The mixture will be fine on the shelf. You may need to shake or stir it from time to time to keep it smooth. If it becomes too firm in cold weather, hold the jar under running hot water and turn a few times.
2. Fresh, Minty Coconut Oil Toothpaste: DIY Mint Toothpaste Recipe
Materials: • 6 Tablespoons coconut oil • 6 Tablespoons baking soda • 1 tsp. stevia or sweetener • 25 drops essential oil; citrus, mint, or your choice (to taste)
Whip it together and store in a glass jar with a lid, or in empty squeeze tubes. Use as you would any toothpaste.
3. Cinnamon Coconut Oil Toothpaste:
• 1/2 Cup coconut oil • 2-3 Tablespoons baking soda • 2 Packets Stevia or sweetener • 15-20 Drops of Cinnamon Bark (Organic) Essential Oil (to taste) • 10 Drops of Myrrh (Organic) 100% Pure Essential Oil essential oil (optional)
Soften the coconut oil and beat in the additional ingredients until well combined. Store in a glass jar with a lid or a tube.
Note: Myrrh is optional, but you may choose to use it because it too, has antibacterial properties. It is good for healing broken skin and chapped lips.
Some supplementary choices for essential oils to add to the toothpaste could be:
• Sweet orange oil, a fresh, clean essence.
• Ginger Oil, a warm, earthy fragrance and taste.
• Grapefruit Oil, a tangy, citrus flavor.
• Lemon Oil, a crisp, sweet scent.
More About Coconut Oil:
There are so many coconut oil uses and benefits that are healthy for the heart and brain, it supports the thyroid and immune system, it even keeps hair and skin soft and younger looking. Ideal for cooking an assortment of recipes or baking, coconut oil can withstand high temperatures without breaking or burning. It does not cause sugar spikes, is easily digested and is converted to energy by the liver instead of being stored as fat. Add it to hot drinks for a sweet flavor, or add it to popcorn.