* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Corn And Poblano Lasagna
Food & Drink
4 poblano chile peppers
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced white onion
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
12 no boil lasagna noodles (7 by 3 inch)
2 cups shredded Oaxaca cheese or mozzarella
1. Preheat the broiler. Put the poblanos on a baking sheet and broil, turning until charred, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover; let cool slightly, then peel off the charred skins. Cut into 1 inch thick strips, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350. Melt 2 tbs. of butter in a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add almost two-thirds of the minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Mix in the corn and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and thyme. Cook over medium- low heat for 5 minutes for the flavors to incorporate. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tbs. butter in a small heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent about 5 minutes. Add the remaining minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Mix in the zucchini and poblano strips and cook for 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread one quarter of the corn sauce in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of 3 lasagna noodles.
Spread one quarter of the poblano mixture and one quarter of the cheese over the pasta.
Repeat the layering three more times, ending with vegetables and cheese on top.
Bake until browned and the noodles are cooked, about 50 minutes. Switch the oven to broil. Broil the lasagna until golden brown and bubbling. 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving