* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Cinnamon Dream Cookie🍪😋
Food & Drink
Cinnamon Dream Cookies
Adapted from Butter Baking and Milk and Cookies
Makes about 20 cookies
1 ¼ cups quick cook oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup unsalted butter or vegetable shortening, at room temperature***
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla paste***
¾ cup cinnamon chips
Cinnamon-sugar for coating (about ½ cup)
(Optional) Icing Drizzle Ingredients***:
2 tablespoons water
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ – ½ teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
***Desert Safe Adaptations: Use vegetable shortening and vanilla paste. Drizzle decoration should be fine in high temperatures but this cookie tastes just as good without the drizzle. Using large crystal sugar for the cinnamon-sugar coating dresses up the cookie if drizzle will not be used.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Using a food processor or blender, grind the oats into a powdery flour.
• In medium bowl, whisk together flour, ground oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
• In bowl of electric mixer, combine butter(or shortening) and sugar until creamy.
• Add egg and vanilla. Beat about 3 minutes until fluffy.
• Slowly add flour mixture until combined.
• Stir in cinnamon chips.
• If dough is too soft to handle easily for rolling into balls (butter makes a softer dough than vegetable shortening) refrigerate for about 1 hour.
• Scoop 2 tablespoons (golf ball size) of dough. Roll into a ball. Roll to coat in a small bowl of cinnamon-sugar. If the cookies will be drizzled, regular granulated sugar is recommended. If the cookies will not be drizzled either regular granulated or large crystal decorating sugar can be used in the cinnamon-sugar coating.
• Place coated dough balls at least 2” apart on prepared baking sheet.
• Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden brown. (Slightly under bake if cookies will be mailed long distance and in hot temperatures.)
• Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack. The cookies are soft when warm and will fall apart if moved too soon.
If using icing drizzle:
• Mix icing ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and desired consistency.
• Transfer icing to a small ziplock bag. Cut a tiny bottom corner off the bag and pipe zig zags over cooled cookies. Allow drizzle to harden completely before storing.
• Cookies will remain fresh 10 days or longer when stored at room temperature in an air tight container or zip lock bag. These cookies remain chewy for 3-4 days and then become crunchy.
Packing tips: Double wrap pairs of cookies (with bottoms together) in plastic wrap, then place in an airtight container or zip lock bag.