* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Chocolate Cupcakes With Raspberry Buttercream Recipe! #tipit
Food & Drink
For the Cupcakes
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
For the Buttercream
1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 tablespoon heavy cream
5 cups powdered sugar
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each, then the vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa, flour, baking powder, salt, and instant coffee.
3. Add the flour in 1 cup increments, alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour. Bake in a prepared lined cupcake pan, each filled 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
4. For the buttercream, cream the butter and shortening in a mixer with the paddle attachment until combined, light, and fluffy. Beat in the raspberry jam until combined.
5. Add the heavy cream. With the mixer running, add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, allowing it to mix well before adding the next. Stop adding the sugar once the buttercream reaches your desired consistency. Add more sugar if you want to thicken it, and add more heavy cream if you need to thin it out.
6. Using a piping bag (or a plastic storage bag with a hole cut in the corner), pipe a generous amount of icing on each cooled cupcake.