- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 10 hot dogs
- 1 can pre-made biscuits
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C
2. In a deep skillet, cook onions in oil until they begin to soften.
3. Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper, and crumble the beef with the onions, cooking thoroughly.
4. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, and chili powder.
5. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Chop the hot dogs into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
7. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. Place in a bowl.
8. Add the butter, garlic powder, parsley, and cheddar cheese to the biscuit pieces, and mix until all pieces are coated evenly.
9. In the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish, layer the chili, hot dogs, and biscuits.
10. Bake for 15 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.