* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Cheesy Beef And Macaroni
Food & Drink
Serves 8 with a good amount of leftovers so maybe serves about 10-12 people
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1 cup chopped bell pepper ( any color)
1 cup peeled chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onions
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano
2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes in juice
Kosher or coarse salt and ground black pepper
3/4 pound dried elbow macaroni
2 cups (8 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook it until browned, stirring until no pink remains, about 5 minutes. Place the browned beef in a strainer and let the fat drain off, then set the beef aside.
2. Wipe out the skillet, add the oil, and hear it over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, carrots, Onions, and garlic and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Return the beef to the skillet and add the basil, oregano, tomatoes with their juice, chili pepper and 2 cups of water. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Continue.......
Increase the heat to high and let come to a simmer. Add the elbow macaroni, stir, and cover the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the macaroni is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 8-10 minutes. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and/or black pepper as necessary.
4. Sprinkle the cheddar on top, then cover skillet and cook until the cheese is melty, about 1 minute.