* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
CHOCOLATE- VALENTINE'S SURPRISE- LOAF CAKE
Food & Drink
10 tablespoons (1 stick + 2 Tbsp) salted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup plain 2% or whole Greek yogurt
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (or Dutch process cocoa powder)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
1 frozen pound cake, cut into even 3/4-inch slices
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, use and electric mixer to combine the butter and the sugar. Then mix in the yogurt, eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
4. Using a small heart cookie cutter (1 to 2 inches), cut heart shapes from each slice of frozen pound cake. Cut enough of them so (when stacked) they'll fit across almost the entire length of the loaf pan.
5. Spread about half of the batter onto the bottom of the loaf pan. Lay a row of the evenly stacked hearts on their side on top of the batter- spanning the length of the pan and leaving about an inch of space on each end (see photo in recipe post). Scoop remaining batter over the top to cover the pound cake hearts and create a smooth surface. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until almost completely set (it will look a tiny bit like lava cake in the very center, and that's okay!) The hearts you put in the center of the cake may or may not pop up out of the cake as pictured- it depends on how deep the top layer of batter is. Let cool for 20 minutes or so in the pan, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and pop out onto a rack to cool completely. Keep well wrapped- this cake is best eaten within a day or two.