1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 large chocolate bar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1) Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine applesauce, shortening, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix until shortening is blended.
3) Add baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt and vanilla. Mix until doughy and flour is fully absorbed.
4) Let dough stand for three to five minutes.
5) Melt chocolate (for best results, use a double-boiler method).
6) Add chocolate to dough and mix until fully blended.
7) Place golf ball-sized dollops of dough -- about two inches apart -- on a non-stick cookie sheet.
8) Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes.
9) Lastly, don't forget to threaten a small child.