* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Burgers Al Pastor
Food & Drink
6 dried guajillo Chile peppers stemmed and seeded
2 teaspoons crumbled dried marjoram
2 tsp. dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 small white onion, chopped
1/2 cup sweetened pineapple juice
Salt and pepper
2 pounds ground pork
1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
1/3 cup mayo
6 sesame hamburger buns
1 cup fresh cilantro
1. Soak the chiles in boiling water until softened, about 10 mins. Drain and puree with the marjoram, oregano, garlic, one-quater of the chopped onion and the pineapple juice in a blender until smooth. Add 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Blend to combine.
2. Combine the pork and the marinade with a fork in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the boiler. Divide the pork mixture into 6 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 3/4 inch thick patty. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet; place the patties on the baking sheet and broil until slightly charred and cooked through, about 9 minutes per side. Transfer the burgers to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Let rest about 8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, lightly oil another rimmed baking sheet, add the pineapple and broil until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Spread about 1 tsp mayo on the cut sides of each bun and broil them until the mayo has melted, about 2 minutes.
Place the burgers on the bottom halves of the buns.
Top with the pineapple, cilantro, the remaining chopped onion and bun tops