* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Brazo de Mercedes - Sweet N Bake
Food & Drink
1/2 cups of granulated sugar
8 egg whites
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of cream of tartar
8 egg yolks
1 can of condensed milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp of confectioner’s sugar for dusting
1. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Add the cream of tartar to the bowl of egg whites. Beat using an electric mixer on high until soft peaks form – approximately 6 minutes.
2. Add in the vanilla extract. Gradually add the sugar while beating on high until stiff peaks form – approximately 5 minutes.
3. Line a baking sheet in baking tray ( 35 cm by 27 cm). Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the meringue on the top using a spatula until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Using the back of fork make a ridge pattern going from top to bottom. You can use a clean plastic comb if you wish.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Bake the meringue for about 20 minutes or until it’s set and lightly brown.
6. While the meringue is baking, make the custard filling by combining the egg yolks, condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until it’s smooth and well combined. Transfer it into the saucepan and whisk continuously over medium, low heat until sauce thickens. This will take approximately 6-7 minutes. If you prefer a runny custard, cut back on the suggested time – about 1-2 minutes. Set it aside.
7. Remove the meringue from oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Dust it with confectioner’s sugar.
8. Lay a baking sheet 0ver the top, followed by a wire rack or any tray of the same size. Quickly flip it over.
9. Remove the tray and peel the baking sheet off. Spread the custard over using a spatula. Roll it gently like a log.
10. Chill or serve right away. Slice it into serving pieces and enjoy!