* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Best Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting 👏🎂
Food & Drink
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Yield: makes about 4 1/4 to 5 1/2 cups; enough to fill and frost two 9-inch layer cakes or three 8-inch layer cakes
For regular batch, slightly sweeter - makes about 4 1/4 cups:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks or 170 grams) unsalted butter, softened (or part salted & unsalted)
- 6 oz (170 grams) cream cheese, such as Philadelphia, softened
- 3/4 cups (192 grams) creamy peanut butter, such as Jif
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) pure vanilla extract, such as Nielsen-Massey
- 3 1/2 cups (420 grams) confectioners' sugar, spooned in sup, leveled off and sifted
For large batch, more intense peanut butter flavor - makes about 5 1/2 cups:
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226 grams) unsalted butter, softened (or 1 stick salted & 1 stick unsalted)
- 1 (8 oz / 226 grams) package cream cheese, such as Philadelphia, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (384 grams) creamy peanut butter, such as Jif
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) pure vanilla extract, such as Nielsen-Massey
- 4 1/2 cups (540 grams) confectioners' sugar, spooned in cup, leveled off & sifted
1- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or handheld mixer and large bowl, beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add cream cheese, peanut butter and vanilla; beat until fully incorporated. Gradually increase mixer speed to high and continue beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of bowl as necessary with rubber spatula
2- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating on low speed (stir), until well combined. Beat on high speed until well combined and smooth while scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, about 2 mins.
3- Before filling, frosting, icing and piping cakes, rebeat buttercream to ensure smoothness.
If not using immediately, the buttercream can be refrigerated for up to 2-3 days in an airtight container. Before using, bring to room temperature before beating smooth again
I hope you enjoy the recipe and find it as delicious as I thought. :)
Original Recipe Source: wickedgoodkitchen.com.