* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Best Ever Hot Chocolate French Toast
Food & Drink
1 cup canned coconut milk (may swap 2% or whole milk)
2-4 tablespoons of favourite hot cocoa mix
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter (may swap coconut oil, but I do think butter works just a tad better)
8 rather thick slices of challah bread (or your favourite french toast bread)
Hot Cocoa Ganache
3/4 cup canned coconut milk (may sub heavy cream)
9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter)
2 teaspoons instant expresso powder
1. Ganache. In a microwave safe bowl add the cream, coconut oil and chocolate. Microwave on 30 secs intervals, stirring after each until smooth. Stir in the instant coffee until dissolved and smooth. Place this in the freezer for 15 mins or the fridge for 30 mins, but no longer. You want the ganache to be spreadable or to be able to drizzle it.
2. Fench toast. In a glass measuring cup or medium size microwave safe bowl add 1 cup of coconut milk. Microwave the milk for 2-3 mins or until the coconut milk is hot. Stir in 3-4 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix . Let cool 5 mins
3. In the meantime grab a 9x13 inch pan and whisk together the eggs, vanilla, coconut extract (if using) and salt. Whisk in the hot chocolate.
4. Grab your ganache from the freezer (or fridge) and use a spoon to carefully spread the ganache over one side of all the slices of bread (You will not use all the ganache). Sandwich the slices together to make four sandwiches. Place the sandwiches in the hot cocoa egg mixture, cover the pan and place in the fridge for 15 mins. After 15 mins flip the sandwiches over. Place back in the fridge for 15 mins or let it sit overnight.
5. When ready to cook the french toast. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat generously with butter. When the skillet is hot, cook the french toast in batches (do not overcrowd) until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 mins per side. Remove and serve immediately with whipped cream, marshmallows, toasted coconut and a good drizzle of more ganache. And Enjoy!
Please like for more interesting information, recipes and tips! Thanks =)