* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Food & Drink
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
pinch of salt
3 large eggs
1 cup half-and-half
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter (for greasing the baking pan)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar (for dusting the baking pan)
6 ounces blackberries
6 ounces blueberries
Lemon zest of half a lemon (optional)
Use 9 inch square cake pan.
1) Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2) In a medium bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, salt and powdered sugar.
3) In a small bowl, using electric mixer, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half and vanilla extract until very smooth and well-combined. Make sure this step is done properly so that in the end your dessert does not come out smelling too much like eggs.
4) Combine dry ingredients from step 2 with wet ingredients from step 3, and stir, using electric mixer, until a smooth batter forms. The batter will be very liquid. At this point, you can mix in optional lemon zest into the batter.
5) Grease the bottom and sides of the cake pan with butter. Dust all surfaces of the pan with the granulated sugar and fill the pan with the mixed berries. This type of dessert has a tendency to stick, so instead of butter you might use non-stick spray instead.
6) Pour the batter over the berries. Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until puffed up, golden around edges and set in the middle (when the top is no more liquid), and it looks and feels flan-like. Do not open the oven until the end of the baking time, or the clafoutis may collapse. Berries will rise to the top towards the end of baking time. Do not overcook, or your dish will come out “rubbery”.
7) Turn out onto a serving plate, dust with powdered sugar and serve warm. It’s also good with a little cream, milk or half and half poured over it. This dessert is best consumed fresh, immediately after baking, or within 2 days.