* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Bacon Cheese Puffs
Food & Drink
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup water
6 tbsp unsalted butter
Cheesy Bacon Dip:
7 slices bacon
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
Read more at http://www.foodnetwork.ca/entertaining/blog/cheesy-bacon-puff-pastry-bites/35890/#mqQTLleo5jBO0TH6.99
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift flour with salt, set aside.
2. Bring water and butter to a boil in a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Remove saucepan from heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, set over medium heat until mixture forms a ball and coats the pan with a thin film.
3. Transfer to stand mixer bowl. Mix with paddle attachment until cool. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Continue beating until dough is shiny and smooth.
4. Spoon into piping bag fitted with 1/4-inch (6 mm) plain tip. Pipe 1-inch (25 cm) rounds, 2-inches (50 cm) apart onto prepared pans.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and lightly golden. Reduce heat to 350°F, continue to bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Turn oven off and let the choux puffs cool for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Cheesy Bacon Dip:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Heat a large skillet set over medium heat. Cook bacon for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Cool completely and crumble.
2. In the same skillet, set over medium heat, cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until softened. Let cool completely. Stir onion mixture with bacon, Pepper Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise until combined.
3. Split the puffs and fill each with 1 tsp (5 mL) dip. Arrange on prepared pans. Bake for 10 minutes or until filling heats through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Notes: Pepper Jack is Monterey Jack cheese flavoured with jalapeno peppers. Substitute Havarti cheese spiced with jalapeno if you like.