225 grams all-purpose flour
15 grams green tea powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
400 grams ( peeled weight ) ripe or overripe bananas , mashed plus extra for topping ( optional )
100 grams ( rice bran ) oil
125 grams light brown sugar
2 large eggs , at room temperature
demerara or crystal sugar for topping , optional
* Preheat oven to 200ºC .
* Line muffin pan with liners , set aside .
* Combine flour , green tea powder and baking soda in a small mixing bowl , set aside .
* Combine bananas , oil and sugar in a large bowl and use whisk until well combined . Add in the eggs and whisk for about 1 minute . Sift in the flour mixture into the banana mixture and stir until just combined .
* Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin pan , about three fourths full , top with some banana slices and sprinkle with crystal sugar , if using .
* Bake for 20 minutes or until bamboo skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean . Leave muffins for 10 minutes in the pan then take out and let cool completely on a wire rack .