* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Arnold Palmer Cupcakes (sweet Tea And Lemon Cupcakes)
Food & Drink
1 cup milk
10 black tea bags
1/2 cup water
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
1 1/2 – 2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons lemon extract
Zest of one lemonGarnishes
Sparkling Sugar (white or clear)
Lemon candy sticks
Sugared fruit wedges
1. Pour milk into a microwave safe container that has at least 1-2 inches of space at the top. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Unwrap 5 black tea bags and place into the milk. Repeat this process with 1/2 cup water and the remaining 5 black tea bags. Allow to steep for 15-20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin tins with desired liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. After removing teabags, add 1/2 cup of milk/black tea mixture (discard the remaining milk). Remove tea bags from water and add all of the water/black tea mixture. Mix until combined.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and start to gradually mix into wet iced tea cupcake mixture.
5. Spoon iced tea cupcake mixture evenly into 24 cupcake tins. Bake for 22 minutes or until tops are lightly browned a spring back when pressed with your finger. Remove iced tea cupcakes and allow to fully cool.
6. When cupcakes are cooled, start to make the lemon frosting Lemon frosting recipe will make just enough to frost 24 cupcakes. It will look like you need more, but trust me, it is just enough.
7. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together room temperature salted butter and butter flavored shortening until fully mixed and creamy. Add lemon extract and lemon zest. Gradually add powdered sugar until lemon frosting reaches a spreadable/pipe-able consistency.
If you accidentally add too much powdered sugar and it gets too thick, thin out with a teaspoon of water.
8. Using desired method, frost iced tea cupcakes with lemon frosting. Garnish with sparkling sugar, sugared lemon wedges and lemon candy sticks.
9. Enjoy your Iced Tea Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting!
Thanks for looking!
This is not my original recipe. I saw it, loved it and shared it.
Please go check out the original post (and many other great ideas) at the link below: