* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
An Oatmeal Cookie Sandwich Recipe That’s Better Than Anything You’ll Find In A Package
Food & Drink
For the cookies
1 ¼ cups unsalted butter (2.5 sticks), softened to room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon dark molasses
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
For the filling
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow fluff or cream
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
Heavy cream (as needed)
Dash of salt
Make the cookies
1. Place the oats in a food processor or blender and pulse until the oats are ground, but not fine. Set aside.
2. With a stand or handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugars together at medium speed until light and creamy. Add egg, vanilla, and molasses, scraping down the sides as needed. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Whisk it all around. Add the quick oats and combine.
4. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients. The dough will be quite thick and you may have to mix it all by hand after a few seconds in the mixer.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. Drop dough with a large cookie scoop, or make sure each ball of dough is 3 tablespoons in measurement. Cookies will spread in the oven, so drop each ball of dough 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops of the cookie dough slightly.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies are lightly golden around the edges. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the filling
1. Beat butter in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until creamy.
2. Beat in marshmallow fluff or cream. Reduce speed to low, and beat in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.
3. Increase speed to high; beat until fluffy. If the filling is too stiff, you can add a little heavy cream.
Assemble the cookies
Spread approximately 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling on the bottom half of the cookie and top with another cookie. Repeat. Enjoy!