* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
A Skin Clearing Remedy (Rose, Rice & Lemon Toner)
Skin & Body
Here's how this is done :
A dozen of roses (buy online, it's cheaper)
A lemon (squeeze out the juice first, we only want the skin)
Stainless steel pot with a lid
1) With the lemon, cut into slices , squeeze out all the juice and put it in a cup, you will not need this juice . For this recipe, use only the lemon peel and the semi-dry pulp.
2) Separate out the petals from the roses, and wash them thoroughly with warm water to remove any dirt .
water , then add in approximately 3 cups of distiller water ( if you don't know how to get this, just use your drinking water) , let this soak for 20 minutes
4) With the pot , put a small bowl upside down in the middle , and place a bigger bowl on top of the small bowl, facing up!
5) Put in the rose petals , lemon and rice water into the side of the bowls , surround it evenly.
6) Flip the lid upside down, making sure the handle to the lid is inside the bowl.
7) Start a low boil on the rice water, roses and lemon.
8) Add ice to the bottom part of lid ( which is on the outside, top , since we flipped it) , a lot of ice is necessary!
9) The pure , cleaned water will start collecting inside the bowl! ( this is a distillation process )
10) Continue for approximately 1-1.5 hours , keep on adding ice .
11) Take the clear liquid inside the bowl and put in an amber bottle away from sunlight .
12) The liquid on the outside of that bowl, strain it with a cheesecloth ensuring it is free of particles
13) In a squirt bottle, add in half of the clear liquid and half of the colored water (where he nutrients are)
14) shake vigorously, now you made yourself a toner !
Note: If you would like the consistency thicker , add in some aloe Vera gel or glycerine.
- if you would like it to have some drying properties , add in some tea tree oil (lemon and the rose serves as an astringent that helps clear acne, rice water serves to moisturizer the face and not dry it out too much) .
-if you want some essential oils, add in some vitamin e oil. If you have the capsules, you can squeeze in the oil.
If you have too many leftover petals that don't fit , you can make an infused oil for yourself, good for soap making!
Get a jar, fill up 1/2 of it with olive oil, then squeeze in as many rose petals as possible !
Boil some water and let it sit in a bowl. Submerge the jar into the hot water , the heating process allows for the oil to pull out more from the roses. Let it stand until the water is cooled.
Let the mixture sit for 7-10 days then filter out the oil!
Disclaimer: This is a homemade recipe , I have only tested it on my family, please do not use if you are allergic to any of the mentioned product. No one have mentioned about an itch , or development of any skin condition. Please use in moderate, overusing any product will cause problems. This is a homemade with fresh ingredients , therefore it may not be able to hold up its form for more than a month. Most foods cannot hold up itself for a month, so do check for any weird conditions prior to using. This toner will not smell as good since all ingredients are natural and no fragrance was added.