9 Natural Ways To Remove Dark Circles
Knowing how to get rid of dark circles fast and overnight can help your eyes look brighter. Dark circles under eyes make you look tired, dull, old and bored. Here’s how to remove dark circles under eyes overnight, with options including natural and home remedies for dark circles under eyes, makeup and lightening remedies for dark lines below your eyes. You can also remove dark eye circles without makeup and using surgery especially if they are hereditary.
Dark eye circles are small dark lines under the eyes. They are all distinguishable, so when you get them, you will have a problem concealing them without makeup. When you don’t want to use concealers and other such makeups, other ways of removing them fast will suffice. Below, we explore methods of removing dark circles instantly, fast, in a week and overnight.
Majority of people get dark circles under eyes as they grow older, because the collagen in eyes tends to break down, making out eye-lids and the surrounding area more transparent. It is just a fact of life that most people need to come to terms with. However, there are several other causes of dark circles besides age, such as:
Sometimes it just runs in the family! If your parents or other family members display dark circles, chances are that you would do so as well!
2. Seasonal Allergies:
Seasonal allergies releases histamines, which swells your blood vessels. If you gently stretch your dark circles and the color does not change, it means that you are displaying dark circles as an allergic reaction.
3. Irregularities in Pigmentation:
Sometimes more melanin is secreted below the eyes, compared to other parts of the skin. This is more common among people of Asian or African descent.
If you are over-worked or if you are not getting enough sleep, you will be showing dark circles.
5. Behavioral tics:
If you are in the habit of fiddling with your eyes, such as constantly scratching or rubbing them, then you are likely to develop dark circles sooner.
6. Exposure to the Sun:
The sun induces the production of melanin. As the eyelids are already darker than the surrounding area, increased exposure to the sun will induce the formation of dark circles.
7. Skin Diseases:
Certain skin condition like eczema (atomic dermatitis) or contact dermatitis may cause the formation of dark circles as well!
Here The Natural Ways To Remove Dark Circles Completely:
Potato includes the natural bleaching agent that can support to reduce the puffiness around your eyes and lighten the skin. Grate 2 chilled potatoes and extract its juice. Dip cotton balls in the juice and place them on the dark circle region. Make sure that the cotton balls cover the entire region of the dark circle. Allow it there for 10 minutes to let the skin to absorb the juice and finally wash off with the cold water.
• You can also place the slices of potatoes directly over the eyes to get rid of the dark circles
• Liquidize an uncooked potato by using liquidizer
• Scoop out, set the crushed potato on the closed eye, and leave them there for half an hour
• Finally wash it with warm water
• Potatoes include a strange ability to remain cold for long time
• It can transfer antioxidants like vitaminC and other essential nutrients to skin
• These features make it as one of the best remedy to cure dark circles under eye
Those puffy eyes are a predecessor to dark likes under eyes. Also, lack of sleep will cause the skin to be pale, making the darkness under eyes to appear more clearly.
• In order to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast, get adequate sleep.
• Remove any makeup around your eyes and get at least eight hours of sleep. You can use adequate vitamins that will help you sleep better.
• Avoid alcohol as it is one of the causes of the darkening of under eyes.
3. Do Eye Exercise Daily:
Do eye exercises on a regular basis to get rid of dark circles under your eyes. Use your index finger and middle finger and keep on your respective eyes.
• Apply a small pressure for 10 seconds and relax.
• As it increases the blood flow, every intoxicants deposited due to the pollution will be take out from your body.
You can place tomato slices on your eyelids, the same would apply as potato slices or cucumber slices. Besides that you can also use tomato juice the following ways to get rid of your dark circles:
• Topical Application: Mix half a teaspoon of lemon juice to one teaspoon of tomato juice. Gently rub your dark circles using this mixture and then let it sit for about ten minutes, then rinse it off with water. For best results, apply this treatment twice every day.
• As a Drink: Take a glass of tomato juice, few mint leaves and a tablespoon of lemon juice and put them in a blender. You may add a pinch of salt, for taste. Drink this twice daily to get rid of your dark circles sooner!
5. Quit smoking:
Smoking is known to be the root cause of vascular problems. Research has shown that blood vessel problems are likely to cause dark eye circles.
• An important step towards removing dark circles under eyes quickly is to quit smoking.
• When you smoke, your blood vessels shrink and become bluer and more prominent as the thin skin under the eyes is affected.
• As soon as you eliminate this cause, you will see dark eye circles disappear almost instantly.
The widely used homemade remedy that everyone suggests for how to get rid of dark circles is none other than cucumber. Today, even the spa and professional clinics use cucumber to offer an instantaneous cooling effect. It serves as an astringent & helps to lighten the dark regions of the skin. It can increase the blood flow & reduce the puffiness.
• Another remedy with cucumber is, add equal quantities of lemon and cucumber juice in a bowl.
• Dip cotton balls in to the mixture. Then place the cotton balls on the region of dark circles.
• After 15 minutes, remove the cotton balls and wash the face with fresh water.
• Continue this remedy regularly for one week. Undoubtedly, your eyes puffiness and dark circle will be vanished.
7. Almond Oil:
Besides consuming almonds as a snack, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that says that using almond oil as a topical ointment can make your dark circles to fade away naturally. Following is how you should go about it:
• Take a drop of pure, organic almond on each of your ring finger and gently massage your dark circles. Ensure that your motion is in one particular direction only.
• Leave it overnight.
• Wash it off when you wake up in the morning using a cleanser and a cotton ball.
8. Tea Bags:
It may sounds strange when recommending tea bags as one of the remedy for how to get rid of dark circles under eyes.
• The tannin in the tea bags can helps to reduces swelling & discoloration.
• Lie down and place the cool caffeinated tea bags over the closed eyes for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
• It is preferable to do this in the morning. You can refrigerate the tea bags overnight to use in the morning.
9. Rose Water:
It is an emollient and has mild astringent properties that improves the skin tone and also reduces puffiness.
• Take a shallow bowl and pour about 10 tablespoons of rosewater in it.
• Soak a couple of eye pads in it for a few minutes.
• Close your eyes and place these pads on your eyelids for about 15 minutes.
• Rinse your eyes with regular water afterwards.
Rosewater is available over the internet or at any Indian grocery store. For best results, apply this remedy twice daily.