* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
8 Quick And Easy Makeup Tricks Celebrities Use And I Swear By!
If you’ve ever seen celebrities without makeup look unrecognizable, then you know how transformative certain techniques can be.
These easy makeup tricks can take 10 pounds off your look, instantly — they’re optical illusions! 💅
Jessica Alba uses these guides for the perfect contoured face. This can make you look 10 times more photogenic in a picture'
1. When it comes to makeup, dark shades recede, while light colors bring features forward.
To use this idea to your advantage, you’ll need a contour color or matte bronzer one or two shades deeper than your skin tone and a luminous highlighter that’s a bit lighter than your complexion.
You can use cream or powder textures, or a combination of the two.
No matter which formula you choose, be sure to use a makeup brush to blend — streaky contour makeup is a major don’t.
2. Create the illusion of thinner cheeks by applying your contour shade in a diagonal line from the center of your cheek to the ear.
Make a slight “fish face” while you do this to figure out the perfect placement, and don’t forget to blend.
The higher you place your contour shade, the sharper your cheekbones will look.
Swipe highlighter across the tops of the cheekbones to really bring out the contour.
3. Fake a thinner nose: swipe a contour powder down the sides of the bridge of your nose (stop before you get to the nostrils). 👃
Blend highlighter down the bridge of your nose in a vertical line.
4. To never have a double chin in photos again, apply bronzer along your jawline to define the area. Blend the shade to create a seamless contour.
Trust me, this is a priceless trick it works every time! 😀
5. Play up your eyes, and leave your lips natural with a tinted balm or gloss.
Full lips can emphasize roundness on the face, but eyes made to look large with makeup will make the rest of the face appear smaller in comparison. 👄👄
6. Choose the right eyebrow shape. A higher, more pronounced arch helps balance out a round face by vertically stretching its appearance.
By applying white eyeshadow or a very light toned concealer on the arch and down from the arch, will make your brows look more defined and your eyelids will appear bigger. 👀
7. Highlight the center of your face. Blend highlighter between your brows, on the bridge of the nose, on the Cupid’s bow above your upper lip and in the center of your chin.
This technique will help bring these features forward to downplay the width of your face.
This is handy for those of you with wide faces or big cheeks! ✨🌟
8. Don’t forget your forehead!
Blend your contour shade into the temples and around the hairline to emphasize the angles of your bone structure.
I've used these tips so many times, and honestly they are amazing and have made my makeup routine so much more enjoyable (girls those awfully early mornings😩) they are especially useful if you are about to take a new profile pic, you'll have people guessing how you got the perfect selfie without having to edit it. ☺️ hope all you ladies out there enjoyed these tips
Feedback would be great, any sorts of positive comments id love to see and will get straight back to you.
Mwah - josie xx
This is a picture of me, I've followed all these tips and some I've discovered on my very own, some I've read about. I feel so much more confident in myself ever since I started learning how to contour, it took a lot of waiting and commitment, but I am glad to say I love the way I do my makeup ☺️💗