* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
7 Tell-Tale Signs You’re Over Decorating Your Home
Home & Garden
“Everything in moderation” is one of those blanket statements that actually applies to most things. Ice cream. Alcohol. Netflix.
If you go crazy with decorating, your home might eventually turn into a Frankenstein monster of décor, which isn’t going to make anyone happy. But the first step is acceptance.
Here are seven signs you might be over decorating your home:
1. Every Shopping Trip You Take Somehow Includes a Decor Item
Can’t swing by Target without picking up a cute lamp, rug or wall ornament? These impulsive buys take a toll on your budget and your chic bedroom.
To prevent these impulse buys, take time to plan out your decorations in each room based on color, texture, lighting, beauty, and functionality. Before you head to the checkout aisle with something new, ask yourself if it fits into your established plan.
2. Your Home Decor Pinterest board is 5,000 pins deep
There will always be a new trend, a new gadget, and a new motivational poster on the ‘net. If your home is decorated but you still find yourself feverishly browsing the home decor section of Pinterest, it might be time to give it a rest.
Try a new board!
3. DIY Projects Control Your Weekend...Every Weekend Trying to fashion your 5th DIY headboard? Might be time to give the DIY decorations a break. Instead, you could feng shui your existing furniture.
4. Even Your Decorations Are Decorated Layering with fine details is a quality design tip to refresh a room, but if you’re adding paint and fabric to everything you see, you might be over taking this tactic a little too far. Cool it!
5. Nothing Ever Feels Finished
It’s easy to fall into a mental situation where no matter how many DIY projects or IKEA trips you make, you feel like your home isn’t “done.”
A good way to overcome this issue is to find more efficient ways of making your space feel different and fresh each day. Here’s one clever way to update your home without buying permanent fixtures.
6. You Have Way Too Many…
Pillows. Throw blankets. Candles. Wicker baskets. Alone or in small numbers, these things give your home richer texture and layered detail. But if your guests have to fight off throw pillows to earn a spot on your couch, it’s a solid sign you need to slow down the decorating and purge some extra items.
7. You Have Furniture That is Never Used
Whether it’s a chair that no one sits in (ever, no matter how many guests) or a dresser table that is completely empty, unused furniture is a sure sign you have too much of it. Evaluate each piece and ask if it serves a functional purpose, not just a stylish one. If it doesn’t, toss it.