* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
5 Natural Ways To Reduce Appearance Of Acne Scars
Skin & Body
1) Use honey
Honey is a great natural solution for clearing up pimples and reducing the red marks they leave behind. This is because honey contains antibacterial properties and helps to soothe the skin and reduce inflammation. Raw or manuka honey is the most effective. It can be dabbed directly onto the scarred area, using a q-tip.
• It's also great for those with sensitive skin, as honey is non-irritating, and will moisturize your skin, instead of drying it out.
2) Experiment with aloe vera
The sap of the aloe vera plant is a soothing natural substance which can be used to relieve many ailments, from burns to wounds to acne scars. Aloe vera helps to rejuvenate and moisturize the skin, encouraging acne scars to fade. It is possible to buy aloe vera products in the drugstore, but the best thing to do is buy an aloe vera plant and use the sap from a broken leaf. This gel-like sap can be applied directly on the scarring, and there is no need to wash off.
• For a more intense scar treatment, you can mix a drop or two of tea tree oil
3) Use an ice cube
Ice is an extremely simple home remedy which can help to fade acne scars by soothing the inflamed skin and reducing redness. To use, just wrap an ice cube in a clean cloth or piece of paper towel and hold it against the scarred skin for a minute or two, til the area starts to feel numb.
• Instead of freezing regular water, you can freeze some strong green tea in an ice cube tray and use the resulting ice cubes on the acne scars. Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties which complement the cooling effects of the ice.
4) Make sandalwood paste
Sandalwood is known for its skin healing properties, and is easy to prepare at home. Just mix one tablespoon of sandalwood powder with a few drops of rosewater or milk to form a paste. Apply this paste to the affected area and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing. Repeat this process daily until your scars have vanished.
• Alternatively, you can mix the sandalwood powder with a little honey and use this as a spot treatment on individual scars.
5) Try apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps manage the pH of your skin, improving its appearance over time and helping to reduce the appearance of red marks and scars. Dilute the vinegar to half its strength with water and apply it to the affected area every day with a cotton ball until the scars begin to fade.