* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
✨👙5 Easy All Natural DIY Homemade Body Butter Recipes! ✨👙
Skin & Body
Fear Not! Homemade Body Butter is not hard to make.
If you are apprehensive about making your own body butter, I am here to help you out. Making your own body butter is not any more difficult than making icing for a cake. It is really a very similar process using the same tools you already have in your kitchen. Most body butter recipes include just a handful of ingredients such as coconut oil, tallow, and essential oils. That the best part – you can make them with whatever scent and therapeutic qualities you desire so the sky is really the limit!
Ingredients: ▪ 1 cup raw cocoa butter ▪ 1/2 cup sweet almond oil ▪ 1/2 cup coconut oil ▪ 1 vanilla bean
How to Prepare:
1. Melt cocoa butter and coconut oil. Remove from heat and let cool for 30
2. Grind a vanilla bean in a coffee grinder if you have one. If not, use a food
3. Stir sweet almond oil and vanilla bean bits into the cocoa butter and coconut
4. Place in freezer to chill – about 20 minutes. Wait until oils start to partially
5. Whip with an electric mixer or in the food processor until a butter-like
consistency is achieved.
6. Spoon into a glass jar and enjoy! Makes roughly 3 cups whipped butter – keep jin the refrigerator or anothertytu cool tplace
What you need: ▪️1 cup coconut oil ▪️1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional) ▪️A few drops of your favorite essential oils for fragrance
1. Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Note: Do not melt the coconut oil first. It will only whip up if it’s solid.
2. Mix on high speed with a wire whisk for 6-7 minutes or until whipped into a light, airy consistency.
3. Spoon the whipped coconut oil body butter into a glass jar and cover tightly. Store at room temperature, or in the refrigerator if your house is so warm it melts the oil.
Note: Your whipped coconut oil should stay relatively soft, even at colder temperatures. If it’s really cold, it will become a little more solid, but not rock hard like it normally does.
Ingredients ▪️1/2 c. Shea Butter ▪️1/4 c. Coconut Oil ▪️1/4 c. Jojoba Oil ▪️5-10 drops Essential Oil (I recommend lavender for a relaxing body butter, peppermint for an invigorating sensation)
Place shea butter, coconut oil and jojoba oil in a glass bowl or measuring cup inside a saucepan. The saucepan should have enough water in it that the water touches the bottom of your glass double boiler, but doesn’t spill out.
Over medium heat, whisk the oils together until they are melted and combined.
Mixture will go from white to semi-clear when ready.
Refrigerate melted oils for an hour or until white and solid.
With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the oils until they are fluffy like whipped cream. Add essential oils and beat to incorporate.
Fill your desired container with the whipped body butter and refrigerate another hour.
This body butter will keep about 6 months at room temperature. It may soften in warm weather because of the coconut oil. If this happens it can be stored in the refrigerator.
It is especially effective if used after a scrub.
Ingredients ▪️1 cup of shea butter ▪️1/2 cup tallow (how to render beef tallow) ▪️1/2 cup of jojoba oil ▪️1 teaspoon peppermint essential oi ▪️2 teaspoons vitamin E oil (optional) (where to buy)
Using a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a pot of simmering water, gently heat shea butter and tallow until melted. Remove bowl from heat and stir in jojoba oil.
Allow to chill in an ice bath for about 5 minutes and then stir in the peppermint essential oil and vitamin E oil. Allow the mixture to continue chilling in the ice bath until it is thoroughly chilled.
Using a stand or hand mixer, whip the body butter mixture until stiff peaks form.
Scoop the mixture into airtight glass jars and store away from direct sunlight. If stored properly with the vitamin E oil added, this body butter should keep about 1 year but I bet you will use it up more quickly than that!
▪️1/2 cup coconut oil ▪️6 tb cocoa butter ▪️2 tb jojoba oil ▪️Few drops of Progest E (optional) ▪️15-20 drops of tea tree oil (you could use more, but at this strength, it was still very gentle to the most sensitive skin areas, including the face).
1. Melt cocoa butter in a glass container in the oven at a low temp, or on a double boiler on the stove top. You just want it dissolved, not hot.
2. When butter has melted, remove from heat and stir in coconut oil, jojoba oil and combine (the coconut oil should melt solely by the temperature of the cocoa butter.
3. Wait a few hours or overnight for the mixture to solidify at room temp. You could also speed this up in the fridge.
4. Add solidified mixture to a Kitchen Aid mixer and whip on high for 6-10 minutes stopping to stir down the sides as needed.
5. Add in your tea tree oil and mix one last time. (If you want, I would split the recipe in two at this point to test out two different body butter oil combinations).
This is such a decadent body butter! It’s gentle enough for anywhere on the body, but will be especially helpful on shaven areas, underarms and feet. Feel free to add more tea tree oil if you need a stronger concentration, but be careful, a little bit goes a long way!