* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
5 Detox Mistakes You're Probably Making
Food & Drink
I remember the first time I decided to cleanse or detox my body. I had read about the benefits and decided that based on the symptoms I was experiencing it was time for me to give my body an opportunity to relax and rebuild. At the time I only had a magic bullet blender so my cleanse consisted of primarily smoothies and like most newbies, I made the mistake of overloading my smoothies with too much fruit. Since then I have purchased a juicer (which I personally enjoy much more than smoothies) and I make sure that my home made juices are made up of mostly vegetables.
A properly function detoxification system is essential to maintaining a healthy weight. The liver, kidneys, lungs and lymphatic system all contribute to filtering out all the chemicals and toxins we are exposed to daily.
1. Clean out your cupboards! This is very important to do before you are doing a juice/smoothie cleanse. The truth is you are trying to get rid of cravings for processed, sugary foods. This is not an easy thing to do. At some point during your cleanse you will come home and have this uncontrollable urge to stuff as much chocolate in your mouth as you can. I’ve been there! This is not a sign of weakness, sugar has been shown to light up the same pleasure receptors in your brain as heroin.
2. Choose only one fruit to go in your juice/smoothie. I’ve talked to several people that go out and get a new juicer/blender and come bragging to me that they are now starting their day with a smoothie. The first thing I always ask is ” what do you put in there?” The answer is almost always the same; ” a banana, strawberries, mango, almond milk, some yogurt, a few spinach leaves and an apple… it’s delicious!” Of course its delicious, You have about 1 weeks worth of fruit in one serving. The problem with this scenario is that you are overloading your body with sugar. This will cause a spike in
blood sugar and throw of your hormonal balances, it doesn’t matter that it comes form a natural source! When you are already taking in too much sugar, this will push you over the edge into more weight retention rather than weight loss.
3. Rest! when you are cleansing, your body should be using all of it’s resources to rebuild from all the damage you have put it through. This is not the time to be increasing your workout or adding mileage to your runs.
4. Don’t make any other changes this week. This is not the time to go try out a new fitness routine or try new foods or dieting fads
5. No cheat days!This is a tough one. The whole goal of doing and cleanse or detox is to give your body a break from all the junk you have been ingesting. If you allow yourself a cheat day you are not giving your body enough of a break to recover and rebuild.