* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
4th of July Cupcakes That'll Be a Hit
Food & Drink
These patriotic treats are the perfect way to sweeten your holiday.
TWIZZLER FIRECRACKER CUPCAKES
Ingredients: 1 Pillsbury white cake mix (15.25 oz) 4 egg whites ¼ cup canola oil 1 small box cherry jello ½ cup water 1 tub Pillsbury vanilla frosting 8 Twizzler Cherry Pull-n-Peel Licorice Twists 2 squares vanilla Candiquik coating Blue sugar sprinklers
1) Mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, Jello and water together with a mixer until well blended, about 2-3 minutes. Put 24 cupcake liners in a cupcake tin and fill the cupcake liners ⅔ full with batter. Bake at 325 degrees for 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
2) Allow the cupcakes to cool and then frost them. We made large stars with Wilton tip 2D to decorate the tops. You can also just spread frosting on with a knife
3) Cut each Twizzler Pull-n-Peel licorice twist into 3 pieces, about 3 inches each. Peel down each string of Twizzler to about ⅓ of the way down. 4) In a microwave safe bowl, melt the vanilla Candiquik and dip the separated ends. Dip the coated ends in blue sprinkles.
5) Separate all of the Twizzler ropes so they fan out like a firecracker. Push a Twizzler firecracker down into the center of each cupcake 6) For best results, serve the same day as you make them
FIRECRACKER CUPCAKES IN A JAR
Ingredients: 1 box of white cake mix 1 bottle of red food coloring 1 bottle of blue coloring 2 containers of white frosting 10 – 12 small jars with lids Red white and blue sprinkles Cupcake pan Cupcake liners
1) Prepare the cake batter. Once mixed separate the batter into two separate bowls trying to get equal amounts of the batter into each bowl 2) In one bowl add the red food coloring and in the second bowl add the blue. use the amount of food coloring you feel necessary
3) Once both batters are colored line the cupcake pan with the cupcake liners and fill with the two cake batters (make solid color cakes do not mix the colors) and bake as directed on the package 4) Once the cupcakes are done baking set on the counter and allow to cool completely
5) Once cool remove the cupcakes from the pan and remove the cup cake liner. Slice each cupcake in half (so you have a top and a bottom). Do this for the all of the remaining cupcakes 6) In a jar add one of the cupcake bottoms to the jar, add some of the frosting and then add the top of the cupcake
Main article: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/desserts/4th-of-july-cupcakes?xid=purewow-rs
1st recipe: http://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/2014/06/02/twizzler-firecracker-cupcakes/
2nd recipe: http://simplylovefood.blog.com/2012/06/23/cupcakes-in-a-jar-perfect-for-the-4th-of-july-vegan-friendly-option/