* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
4 ways to keep apple and pear slices from browning
Food & Drink
1. Soak them in a bowl of cold salt water for 3-5 minutes. Not too much salt, or it effects the taste of the fruit. Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of salt per 1 quart (4 cups) of water.
2. Soak them in a bowl of cold lemon water for 3-5 minutes. This is better than squeezing the lemon juice directly on the fruit, unless you don't mind the fruit tasting really lemony. Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice per 1 cup of water.
3. Soak them in a bowl of Sprite, 7-Up, or a similar lemon-lime, carbonated soda for 3-5 minutes. I don't know if there's really citrus in these sodas, and I don't know why this works; but it does.
4. Sprinkle them with Fruit Fresh. This is a citric acid powder that most stores have with their canning supplies.