* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
17 Tips Every Netflix User Needs To Know
1. Find the best movies and TV shows.
Peruse the /r/netflixbestof subreddit.
2. Use less data when streaming from your phone or tablet.
You can’t adjust streaming quality to standard definition with just the Netflix app.
Log into Netflix on your mobile or desktop browser, go to your Your Account > Playback Settings > Manage video quality, and set it to the lowest streaming quality (typically 480p).
3. Unblock movies when you’re traveling abroad.
Movies and shows are restricted to specific countries. You can use mediahint (free for a week, $3.95/month) or Hola (free) to unblock media in your location.
4. See which movies on IMDb’s Top 250 are also on Netflix.
Redditor clayton_frisbie made a list for you.
5. Stop thieves/moochers from using your account.
Suspicious recommendations on your homepage? Check Your Account > Viewing Activity > See recent account access, and see if any of the device locations look weird.
If so, go back to Your Account and click Sign out of all devices. It may take up to three days to go into effect.
6. Sort Netflix movies by Rotten Tomatoes score.
Rotten Tomatoes has a list of all Netflix movies, sortable by “Tomatometer.” http://www.rottentomatoes.com/browse/dvd-all/?services=netflix_iw
7. Get trailers and IMDb ratings right on the page.
Netflix Enhancer ($1/year) is a Chrome browser extension that adds more information about the film to your page. You can also opt for the old extension, which is free.
8. Use these essential keyboard shortcuts.
F = full screen
Shift + Left Arrow = rewind, Shift + Right Arrow = fast-forward
M = mute
Up arrow = volume up
Down arrow = volume down
Enter = play/pause
Page Up = play
Page down = pause
ESC = exit full screen
9. Stream movies that aren’t on Netflix.
The /r/fullmoviesonyoutube subreddit is a gem.
10. Watch movies with your long-distance lover or BFF.
Head to https://rabb.it/ and watch videos from Netflix, YouTube, and more with up to 10 of your friends or family. The streaming quality is surprisingly fast. You don’t even need an account to get started.
11. Find out when new movies and shows come to Netflix.
Like the company’s Facebook page in your country. What’sNewOnNetflix.com and whats-on-netflix.com are also good resources.
12. Make subtitles bigger or smaller.
In Your Account, click on Subtitle Appearance to make text larger or smaller, or change its color.
13. No idea what to watch? Have someone pick for you.
Netflix Roulette does just that.
14. Watch only NC-17 movies.
NSFW. There are nine of them, and here they are.
15. Look for *very* specific genres using this URL.
Netflix sorts their films in a ton of different categories that they don’t show you. Copy and paste this URL: http://www.netflix.com/WiAltGenre?agid=, then add a code from this document to see films from such categories as “drama based on books,” “tearjerkers,” or “dark comedies.”
16. Watch the good stuff before it’s gone.
The Now Streaming Pod website has an amazing section called “Stream ‘em and leave ‘em” of all the titles being taken off Netflix every week.