* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
12 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Hair
1) lemons- Lemon juice, diluted half and half with distilled water, will lighten dark blond or light brown hair and won’t leave reddish tones unless your hair already has them.
2) Vinegar- raw apple cider vinegar, will leave reddish highlights in the same hair color. Mix apple cider vinegar 50/50 with distilled water. Spray on all over to lighten all of your hair or apply with a cotton ball or brush for strands of highlights. Leave on 30 minutes and rinse out. Dry as usual.
3) peroxide- Dilute hydrogen peroxide half and half with water as well. Apply as directed above and test after 15-20 minutes. Peroxide will lighten quickly without the worry of drying out like commercial hair bleaches. Wash out well after you get to the shade you want.
4) chamomile- brew a really strong cup of chamomile tea and let it cool. Then apply to individual strands of hair for highlights, or pour over entire head for all over color. Go out into the sun and let it dry, usually about 30 minutes. Wash out and style as usual.
5) henna- can lighten and leave reddish highlights. Use about 3 tablespoons of henna powder to ½ cup of boiling water. Let this sit for 12 hours or overnight. Then apply to your hair and let sit for 2-3 hours. Wash out well and style as you normally would.
6) honey and olive oil- Warm ¼ cup of honey and add ¼ cup olive oil. Stir well to combine. Apply to your hair where you want the highlights and leave on for 30-60 minutes. About 5 minutes before you wash it out, work it into all of your hair, focusing on ends. Wash out well.
7) cinnamon- Take a half a cup of your normal conditioner and add enough cinnamon powder to make a thick paste. Apply this to your hair and leave on 3-4 hours or overnight. Wash out and style as usual.
8) honey and vinegar- Use 2 cups of raw apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of honey. Add a tablespoon of warmed coconut oil and blend together well. Apply to your hair, wrap in an old towel, and leave on overnight. Shampoo out in the morning.
9) rhubard- use ¼ cup of chopped rhubarb to 2 cups of water. Boil these together and strain the juice. Then after the juice has cooled, apply it to your hair and leave on for 10 minutes. Wash out well.
10) baking soda- Take about ½ cup and add enough warm water to make a medium paste. If it’s too thin it won’t cover well and if it’s too thick it will dry out quickly and not work either. Apply the paste and leave on 15-20 minutes. Check your hair to see what it looks like. If you are happy, wash it out. If you want it lighter, leave it on a bit longer.
11) vitamin c- Crush 8-9 Vitamin C tablets and mix into the amount of shampoo you would normally use on your hair. Shampoo as usual and follow with conditioner.
12) salt- Dissolve 1 tablespoon salt (any kind) with ½ cup of warm water. Leave on 15 minutes and rinse out. We all know how salt will highlight our hair after swimming in the ocean. Now you can do it at home.