* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
12 Denim Tips Every Girl Should Know
1. Serious denim aficionados know that raw denim (super-stiff jeans with no washes, fading, etc) can take up to six months to break in and shouldn’t be washed until then.Why? Jeans really do conform to our bodies, and when you wash them, most of the shape is lost
2. Most jeans today, however, are treated (pre-washed to achieve a faded look) and don’t need to be broken in. These you can wash more often, but only when they’re stained, or when they start to sag.
3. What about odors, you ask? We’re getting to that! To zap the smell that comes with wear, hang your jeans
in the bathroom before a shower (the damp steam will keep them fresh between washes), or freeze them in a plastic bag for two days (yup, this one really works.)
4. To prevent fading, wash jeans inside out in cold water on the delicate cycle, or by hand with Woolite. If you actually want denim to fade quickly, wash once in hot water.
5. Add a 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar to the final rinse cycle while doing laundry to maintain the wash of your favorite pair of dark jeans.
6. Try not to machine dry denim pieces. If u have to, turn down the temperature to the lowest possible
heat setting, and remove before they’re completely dry. Lay flat or hang upside down to dry.
7. How to fold jeans like a pro: Lay a pair on a flat surface, fold in half from left to right. Grab the stacked jean legs and fold them in half so the hem of the jeans lines up with the waistband. Fold the jeans in half one more time. Voila!
9. Denim fibers needs to breathe, so be sure to not pack folded pairs too tightly together on a shelf, or hang denim jackets or vests in a crowded closet.
10. Wash new jeans twice before taking them to the tailor. Why? Because jeans will always shrink in length when washed.
11. If u don’t have time to try on jeans in the store, try the Neck Method: u can determine your size by placing the waistline of the jeans around the diameter of ur neck. If the waistline of the pant comfortably meets at back of ur neck, then the jeans will fit.
12. Jeans a bit too tight? Let them air dry and tug the damp waistband by hand. For extra stretching, blast with a hairdryer or go over the waistband with a super-hot, steam-filled iron while they’re still damp