1. PROBLEM: My cat jumps up on places he’s not supposed to be!
SOLUTION: Place sticky double-sided tape onto areas you don't want your cat to jump on. Your cat will begin to think the surface is always sticky and will avoid stepping on it.
Or for the thrifty owner, good ol' PSSSST works for me.
2. PROBLEM: My cat scratches everything up!
SOLUTION: make a kitty scratching place! An idea I really liked was to hang a carpet sample on your wall- it doesn't look out of place and cats love it! Or you can tie rope or string around something (a piece of cardboard, say) for kitty to scratch.
3. PROBLEM: My cat eats too quickly and then throws up!
SOLUTION: Place dry cat food on a shallow plate.
The shallow layer of food stops your cat from digging their entire face into food.
4. PROBLEM: My cat is super squirmy when it’s claw-trimming time.
SOLUTION: Try and trim their claws right after they're done eating, so they're a little drowsier than usual. Giving them treats for being a good cat doesn't hurt either!
5. PROBLEM: My cat sheds hair all over the furniture.
SOLUTION: Pick up cat hair more quickly with a kitchen glove. Wear a rubber kitchen glove and drag it across the fabric. The static will help the hair stick.
You can also use masking tape to pick up lots of hair.
6. PROBLEM: My cat sheds hair all over my clothes!
SOLUTION: Toss your clothes into the dryer with a dryer sheet. Or rub the dryer sheet on clothes with hair on it.
7. PROBLEM: My cat plays with the toilet paper!
SOLUTION: There is a very simple trick that will prevent your kitty from ever getting into toilet paper again; just tuck the toilet paper into the roll, like so, so kitty can't reach!
8. PROBLEM: I can’t get rid of the fleas in my house.
SOLUTION: Make a flea trap with a dish of warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Put it under a desk lamp and make sure all the other lights in your house are turned off. The fleas will be attracted to the light and will drown.
9. PROBLEM: My cat keeps getting hairballs!
SOLUTION: Try feeding your cat pumpkin. Put a teaspoon of canned pumpkin into your cat's food each day. It's a non-grain fiber source that can help digestion.
To prevent hairballs, remember to brush your cat frequently and feed it a balanced diet.
10. PROBLEM: My cat peed on my floor/bed/clothes… HELP!
SOLUTION: Baking soda is your best friend. Soak up as much pee as possible and allow area to dry. Then sprinkle baking soda on top, as it will soak up the odor. Let it sit for 15 minutes before vacuuming.
11. PROBLEM: My cat’s litter smells horrible.
SOLUTION: Get a cat litter that is specially formulated to give you a 7-day odor-free home. With ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™, no one will even guess you have a cat! For the thrifty cat owner, dump some baby powder into the litter box.
12. PROBLEM: The litter box is such an eyesore! How can I hide it where my cat can use it?
SOLUTION: a tension rod and cover will take care of that. It gives kitty privacy, and you (or your guests) aren't stuck with the aftermath! You can get short tension rods for as little as $5
Here's a picture of my babies!
Cosmo & Doll Girl