9. 1-hour Zumba class
11. 90-minute Pilates class
12. 1-hour Barre class. A new workout craze, these ballet-inspired classes slim and tone the body with pulsing movements that target the core, arms and lower body.
13. 1 hour of dancing. Head to a studio or round up the girls for a night out.
14. 65 minutes on the ski slopes
15. 50 minutes of cross country skiing
16. 40-minute jump rope session
17. 70-minute fist fight with the punching bag. Word of advice: You may want to break this one up into two sessions to protect the knuckles.
Read more: http://www.dailymakeover.com
18. 3 hours of shopping. To get the most out of opening your wallet, skip the escalators and hit the stairs like Hayden Panettiere.
19. 50 minutes of hula hooping. Yep, Kelly Osbourne was on to something. The childhood pastime burns 10 calories a minute.
20. 50 minutes of shoveling snow
21. 40 minutes of martial arts
22. 40 minutes on the rock climbing wall
23. A 50-minute beach volleyball game. The sand’s unstable surface helps you burn more calories in a shorter time frame.
24. 60 minutes on the rowing machine
25. 90-minute ride on horse back
26. 90-minute kayak ride
27. 2 ½ hours golfing, but make sure you carry the clubs!
28. 2 ½ hour hike
29. 2-hour round of tennis
30. 45 minutes of jumping rope
31. 60 minutes surfing
32. 2 and 1/2 hours bowling
Food and Drink Swaps
Cut 200 calories each with these food swaps. Make two swaps per day and you’ll drop a pound in a week and a half.
33. Ditch half of your spaghetti for spaghetti squash. It’s only 42 calories per cup compared to 180 calories for the real meal
34. Skip the burrito and order a taco salad instead.
35. Or keep the tortilla and opt for fish instead of beef.
37. Love the Starbucks Grande Caramel Frappuccino? Skip the whole milk and whipped cream (which packs in 410 calories total) and order the Starbucks Grande Caramel Frappuccino Light
38. Swap out brown rice or quinoa (yes, even the new super food!) which both add up to about 220 calories per cup for cauliflower or roasted peppers that are only about 30 calories per cup.
39. Enjoy fried chicken but without the skin.
40. Love a peanut butter smoothie? Try two tablespoons of powdered peanut butter instead.
41. Satisfy your sweet tooth by swapping two Reese’s peanut butter cups for one mini.
42. Skip the bagel and in favor of whole-wheat toast.
43. Trade in a cappuccino for a regular a cup of Joe.
44. Switch up your ice cream dessert with fresh berries and light whipped cream.
45. Kick the fattening dressings to the curb and in favor of a balsamic vinaigrette spritzer. At only one calorie per squirt, you’ll save hundreds of calories.
46. Swap half of the avocado in a 1/2 cup of guacamole for zucchini.
47. Ditch the 230 calorie-packed hamburger bun for a 134-calorie English muffin.
48. Or opt for the English muffin instead a bagel. A small bagel is at least 250 calories.
49. Take a break from chicken with tofu.
50. Swap out potatoes for cauliflower, which you can eat mashed or roasted. The healthy starch provides a day’s worth of vitamin C.
51. Skip the coffee creamer and ask for nonfat milk instead.
52. We love chips, but three cups of popcorn is just as satisfying. And it’s only 90 calories!
53. Try an open-face sandwich instead one with two slices of bread.
54. Take a break from mayo with mustard. It’s only 10 calories per tablespoon opposed to mayo’s 90 calories.
55. Forget the dried cranberries, which have added sugar, and add a half-cup of fresh berries to top off your salad.
56. When ordering sushi, request cucumber instead of white or brown rice.
57. Skip the cheese on your burger and choose lettuce and tomato instead.
58. Or switch out your beef patty for a veggie burger.
59. Replace a wrap with two low-carb whole-wheat slices of bread.
60. A serving of Snapple Lemon Iced Tea is 100 calories. Brewed, unsweetened iced tea is 0.
61. Skip the croutons in your salad. At about 10 calories apiece, we stack on at least 10 per salad.
62. Instead of a three-ounce serving of steak, try a three-ounce serving of salmon instead.
63. Instead of a creamy soup, choose one with clear broth,
64. Put down the soda for a calorie-free glass of water. For subtle flavor, try Hint, a naturally flavored water without sugar or preservatives.
65. Love your chips and dip? Swap the Lays for a handful of veggies.
66. Jump on the kale bandwagon and swap in kale chips for potato chips.
67. Enjoy sweet ice cream, but go for ones made out of goat’s milk or almond milk for half the calories. We recommend La Loo’s Goat’s Milk Ice Cream in dark chocolate.
68. Enjoy your hot chocolate with skim milk and no cream.
69. Skip the cheese straws. Enjoy a white cheddar rice cake.
70. Swap creamy cheese for tomato or veggie-based sauces on your pasta and meat dishes.
71. Switch from pouring your cereal straight from the box to using a measuring cup to cut your cereal calorie count in half.
Alcohol has calories too, you know. Sub three drinks a week for lighter versions to drop a pound a year.
72. Get the same taste of a Budweiser, but for a third of the calories with Bud Select 55.
73. Take a break from Blue Moon Belgian White (a 164-calorie treat) and grab a Miller Genuine Draft,
74. Make your cosmo 100 calories skinnier by mixing a raspberry-infused vodka with club soda.
76. Swap the coke in your rum and Coke for a diet.
77. Cut your wine calories in half by opting for Chardonnay (the lightest option) as a wine spritzer — equal parts wine and soda water.
78. Out at the bar? Order a water between every drink. You’ll consume half the calories.
79. Instead of a margarita, opt for tequila on the rocks with a lime wedge.
Coming up ..
Some things you do day to day can make a huge difference in successfully losing weight. Add these tips, curated from some of our favorite fitness trainers, to your daily life and see big results