* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
10 Lifehacks Every Cat Owner Should Know
Family & Kids
1. PROBLEM: My cat jumps up on places he’s not supposed to be!
SOLUTION: Place sticky double-sided tape onto areas you don’t want your cat to jump on. Your cat will begin to think the surface is always sticky and will avoid stepping on it. You can buy them here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GLHVWI/
2. PROBLEM: My cat scratches everything up!
SOLUTION: Make a DIY cat scratcher with leftover cardboard. Directions here: http://www.designsponge.com/2009/01/diy-project-recycled-cardboard-kitty-pad.html Seriously. Your cat loves boxes already. Turn that leftover cardboard into something useful.
3. PROBLEM: My cat eats too quickly and then throws up! SOLUTION: Place dry cat food on a shallow plate. The shallow layer of food stops your cat from digging their entire face into food.
4. PROBLEM: My cat is super squirmy when it’s claw-trimming time.
SOLUTION: Try and trim their claws right after they’re done eating, so they’re a little drowsier than usual. Giving them treats for being a good cat doesn’t hurt either!
5. PROBLEM: My cat sheds hair all over the furniture.
SOLUTION: Pick up cat hair more quickly with a kitchen glove. Wear a rubber kitchen glove and drag it across the fabric. The static will help the hair stick to the gloves. You can also use masking tape to pick up lots of hair at once.
6. PROBLEM: My cat sheds hair all over my clothes.
SOLUTION: Toss your clothes into the dryer with a dryer sheet. Or rub the dryer sheet on clothes with hair on it.
7. PROBLEM: I can’t get rid of the fleas in my house.
SOLUTION: Make a flea trap with a dish of warm, soapy water. Put it under a desk lamp and make sure all the other lights in your house are turned off. The fleas will be attracted to the light and will drown in the water.
Fill a bowl half of the way full with warm water and a teaspoon of dish soap. Any dish soap will do. Fleas cannot jump once they have been covered in soapy water and will drown.
Take a night light and remove any outward covers so that only the light is showing. You will then need to plug the night light in to an outlet that is close to the floor.
Place your bowl of warm soapy water underneath the night light. The fleas will be attracted to the light and will jump toward it. When they land, they will land in the soapy water. They won't be able to get out and will die.
Leave the bowl under the light overnight. In the morning you will want to empty the bowl of dead fleas and make a fresh batch of soapy water. Then place it back under the light.
Continue doing this until your bowl is flea free when you wake up in the morning.
8. PROBLEM: My cat always knocks over cups on my table!
SOLUTION: If Mr. Mittens insists on walking on the table, try buying table cup holder clips. Buy: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UO8Y6Y/
9. PROBLEM: My cat keeps getting hairballs!
SOLUTION: Try feeding your cat pumpkin. Put a teaspoon of canned pumpkin into your cat’s food each day. It’s a non-grain fiber source that can help digestion. To prevent hairballs, remember to brush your cat frequently and feed it a balanced diet.
10. PROBLEM: My cat peed on my floor/bed/clothes… HELP!
SOLUTION: Baking soda is your best friend. Soak up as much pee as possible and allow area to dry. Then sprinkle baking soda on top, as it will soak up the odor. Let it sit for 15 minutes before vacuuming.