* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
1 Kilo Turkish Delight Recipe
Food & Drink
1 litre Water
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
800g Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 to 2 tbsp flavoured water e.g. Rose, Orange
50g Icing Sugar
I used Orange Water so made the Turkish delight Orange to match this.
I also haven't found a way to store this without having to refinish it :(
I'll upload photos next time I make some 👍👍
1. Line the base and sides of a 18cm square tin (I used a cake tin!) with baking parchment
2. Place 500ml of water, 800g Granulated Sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice in a large saucepan. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Cover with a lid and boil for 1 minute.
3. Place sugar thermometer into the saucepan and boil until reached 112-116 degrees C. Remove from heat.
4. Place 1 tsp Cream of Tartar and 125g Cornflour into second large saucepan and gradually stir in the other 500ml water. Stir until a thick paste is formed.
5. Remove from the heat. Gradually add sugar syrup and beat well after each addition
6. Return to heat and gradually bring to boil, stirring well. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir frequently (roughly every 5 minutes). Ensure to get all of the mix from edges of the saucepan.
The mix will turn golden(ish) when cooked.
7. Add in the flavoured water and the food colouring, pour the mixture into the tin and leave to set. Overnight of for 5-6 hours.
Sieve the mixture of 15g Cornflour and 50g Icing Sugar over the set mix in the tin.
Remove from the tin and sieve over the bottom.
Cut the Turkish delight into equal squares and toss in a bowl of the cornflour/icing sugar mix.
I made multiple sets of the Cornflour/Icing sugar mix as I found it ran out quickly