* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
💗🔟 Tips From High School Sweethearts, Be A Happy Couple!💗
Me and the future husband! 😊
I've been seeing people posting things about relationships and how to keep them together. Made me think of maybe sharing a few of my own secrets and how I've kept mine strong, we just celebrated 10 years on February 7th, we've been together since we were freshman in high school! It can be done! 😊
1. MOST IMPORTANT! Do NOT listen to other people. If that person makes you happy and it's not a toxic relationship, it's no one else's business.
2. Communication is key! You need to be able to talk to each other and tell each other anything. Do not shut that person out of anything ever!
3. Being best friends before anything else. This is the big one. He is my BEST friend, I tell him everything and I know that he's always there to support me no matter what! It's actually very comforting to be able to have that connection with someone. It's nice to know someone always has my back.
4. Never hold grudges. That argument that happened two weeks ago? Did he/she apologize and did you talk it out? Then let it go. It's not healthy to do that to yourself or someone else. Just move on and be happy!
Oh, and NEVER go to bed mad. It can be worked out with some effort, so do it! In our almost 10 years, I fell asleep angry once, but I was so exhausted and that's why it happened. Things immediately got settled the next morning. It's not good for you to go to bed mad, it will cause unneeded tension, trouble sleeping, and things will be forgotten/exaggerated. Just fix it before sleep!
5. Things are going to happen to test the relationship. When you come out of it together, the connection is stronger. I could tell you some crazy stories, stuff that you would only see on TV, and we went through it together and came out stronger than before. Don't walk out when things get rough!
6. Don't say things you don't mean. Even when you're fighting, and I know it can be tough sometimes but, bite that tongue. It's not worth it! If you do say something particularly snarky, genuinely apologize for it. You're in this life together, you should be the last one tearing that person down!
7. Talk about what you want in life. I think a lot of people get together and then they're only worried about the physical stuff or he's so cute! They know nothing about each other and then wonder why it doesn't work out. You have to have things in common and common goals in life!
8. Spend time doing things together that you both enjoy! That only strengthens your bond with each other and it's lots of fun! The best part is, it's not always about going out and spending a bunch of money either, we like to sit around and have PJ days and just watch movies and play games and talk!
9. Don't be that couple. You know who I'm talking about. Those two that are in a corner sucking face for 3 hours?! Don't be them. It makes your friends feel awkward and personally, makes me feel weird. Lol. Our friends love us as a couple because we can be our own people! At the same time though, don't be afraid to show affection when it's just you two. I mean a hug or kiss in front of your friends, whatever, just don't be attached at the face. But when you're alone, what's wrong with a little affection?
10. Don't ever forget to tell them you love them everyday! That's so important! I tell my honey at least three times a day! 😃 Once when we wake up, once before we go to sleep (unless I pass out 😜) and at least once more throughout the day! Who doesn't like to feel loved and appreciated?
That's my story and advice that I can give! Any questions? Leave me a comment! 😊 We aren't perfect but we're perfect for each other and have love for each other that isn't even explainable. Must be doing something right! 😜
If you save it, then like it, if you like it, then like it. If you're out of likes, please share! Please, keep the negativity elsewhere! If you have something to say, then leave a comment, no need for dislikes. We're all here to help each other out! If you'd like, follow and check out my other tips!