* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Fennel And Shrimp Bisque Recipe!!!
Food & Drink
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
2 ounces butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 large fennel bulb with fronds, bulb thinly sliced and fronds chopped to garnish
2 tablespoons plain flour
3 1/2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
2 cups fish or vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1 pound frozen shrimp, cooked and peeled
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently cook the onion and fennel bulb for 5 to 8 minutes to soften but don’t brown. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook for a further minute.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the milk and stock. Return to the heat, bring to the boil, add the bay leaf, then cover and simmer very gently for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the bay leaf, add half the shrimp, then puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. Season to taste.
4. Roughly chop the remaining shrimp. Reserve some shrimp pieces for garnish, then add the rest to the soup with the diced tomatoes and lemon juice. Heat through gently, then serve garnished with the reserved shrimp and fennel fronds scattered over the top.